Tutorials & tips on Online Marketing.
Marketing Podcast with Dr. Paul J. Zak
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Dr. Paul J. Zak. Dr. Zak is a Professor at Claremont Graduate University. A four-time tech entrepreneur, his most recent company Immersion Neuroscience is a software platform that allows anyone to measure what the brain loves in real-time to improve outcomes in entertainment, education and training, advertising, and live events. He is also the author of Immersion: The Science of the Extraordinary and the Source of Happiness.
The world is rapidly transforming into an experience economy as people increasingly crave extraordinary experiences. There’s a scientific formula to consistently create extraordinary experiences. The data shows that those who use this formula increase the impact of experiences tenfold. Creating the extraordinary used to be extraordinarily hard. In this episode, I talk with Dr. Paul J. Zak about his framework for transforming nearly any situation from ordinary to extraordinary.
Questions I ask Dr. Paul J. Zak:
- [2:01] Define immersion and influence.
- [2:44] What is the neuroscience behind what we’re talking about?
- [3:41] What’s going on in the brain that you’re able to measure what the brain loves?
- [4:36] The lab that you ran was really credited with the discovery of oxytocin, is that an overstatement?
- [5:59] What was the work that you did with DARPA?
- [7:26] What role does immersion play in creating or becoming a source of happiness?
- [9:06] Is there a way for us to train mindfulness of a customer or of a reader in a way that’s going to help them become more immersed because they’re more mindful?
- [11:30] Is there a way to use this framework to create better digital experiences or automated experiences?
- [13:07] Are there things that somebody can do to create a more immersive experience? And is there kind of a checklist of ways people could up their game in more mass settings?
- [17:38] In what ways can you measure outside of the laboratory?
- [21:08] Where can people learn more about your work and pick up a copy of your book?
More About Dr. Paul J. Zak:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Air.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Air is the leading platform for marketing teams to manage and automate their Creative Operations. Air’s intuitive UI is purpose-built for visual assets. Find files faster with visual search and AI auto-tagging. Share files securely. Fast-track projects and feedback. Teams at Google, Sweetgreen, The Infatuation, and more are saving ten-plus hours a week using Air. Learn more at Air.inc/ducttape.
Air, HubSpot Podcast Network
The above article “How To Use Immersion To Create Amazing Experiences” was first published on this site.
We trust you found the above of help or of interest. You can find similar content on our main site here: onlinemarketinggroup.net/our-blog
Please let me have your feedback in the comments section below.
Let us know which topics we should write about for you in future.