Tutorials and tips about promoting your site and Content Marketing.
Marketing Podcast with Paul Magnone
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Paul Magnone. Paul is Head of Global Strategic Alliances at Google where he is developing a growing ecosystem of partners that will unlock the next generation of business value via the cloud and related technologies. He’s also the co-author of — Decisions Over Decimals: Striking the Balance between Intuition and Information.
Amid streams of data and countless meetings, we make hasty decisions, slow decisions, and often no decisions. Successful decision-makers are fierce interrogators. They square critical thinking with open-mindedness by blending information, intuition, and experience. In this episode, Paul Magnone joins me to talk about striking the balance between intuition and information.
Questions I ask Paul Magnone:
- [2:17] Is “Decisions Over Decimals” a little bit of a play on like paralysis via analysis?
- [3:48] Is there a person that can do what you’re calling quantitative intuition?
- [5:59] Could you unpack the “I Wish I Knew” (IWIK) framework?
- [10:19] You spend a lot of time talking about this idea of working backward and having the end in mind – do you find that that is kind of counterintuitive for people?
- [12:39] How do you fight the bias to actually just use the numbers to validate what you’re already thinking as opposed to maybe steering you away from what you’re thinking?
- [13:55] You spend a lot of time on the idea that you’re gonna get a better decision almost based on how much time you spend framing the problem – could you talk more in-depth about this idea?
- [16:07] If someone spent so much time making a decision, does it make it harder to reverse it?
- [17:28] If you were consulting with somebody and you were advising them on this process would you say that one benefit of this process or going through a process like this, would be that it helps eliminate some of the risks?
- [19:03] Would you say that this process takes practice or is this something that you ought to actually use as a framework?
- [20:27] Would you go as far as to say that quantitative intuition should almost be viewed as a culture?
- [21:02] Where can people connect with you and get a copy of your book?
More About Paul Magnone:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
This post “Using Data, Experience, And Intuition To Drive Your Decisions” was 1st provided here.
I hope you found the post above of help and/or interesting. You can find similar content on our blog here: onlinemarketinggroup.net/our-blog
Please let me have your feedback below in the comments section.
Let us know which subjects we should write about for you next.